Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ebelskivers


Originating from Denmark, these light, puffy, sphere-shaped pancakes are the perfect treat for breakfast, snacking or as an accompaniment to your dinner entree. They require just a few ingredients, that you probably have on-hand; flour, eggs, butter, milk, a little sugar and baking powder, however deciding on the filling is half the fun. This morning I had a little raspberry jam left (from a previous baking experience) and opened a jar of my blueberry jam to fill these little delicacies. My daughter, Kelly, gave me my ebelskiver pan a few years ago for Mother's Day, but recently I came across...yes, you guessed it, a book devoted to Ebelskivers by Kevin Crafts. The author not only serves up a delightful array of sweet pancakes, but adds a chapter on savory: ebelskivers, crab cake style, smoked salmon & dill ebelskivers, etc. Truly an inspiration to make for your family and the perfect kid-friendly breakfast, as well as a show-stopping hors d'oeuvre or entree accompaniment. As the author says..."the possibilities are endless! View recipe, courtesy of Williams-Sonoma, where you can also purchase the pan. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/blueberry-filled-pancakes.html
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I just recently was wondering what skivers were!! Thank you for the info :) I love the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm..didn't I buy you this pan? And yet, I've never had one of these delicacies? Does that seem fair to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise to bake up batches when you, Ari,& Matt come to visit when we move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plus, it's just such a fun word to say aloud: Ebelskivers. Ebelskivers. Ebelskivers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful, If you tap your heels while saying it, you may end up in OZ!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break

We are lucky enough to have our grands visiting this week; our grandson's Spring break and the granddaughters flew down to see ...