Thursday, May 25, 2017

Cloud Bread

So much to do and so little time before I go to the U.K. to do their craft show, Hochanda (it's like QVC or HSN).  Thanks to my good friend Jeanette who shared this recipe, I was able to "whip" up a lovely warm bread, sans flour, to have my jam on this morning.

This grain-free bread is a healthy way to start the morning with.  Just three ingredients and this recipe is not only easy, but economical.  There's apparently lots of recipes on the internet for this bread; one even adding some sugar, but this was perfect.

Cloud Bread
3 eggs, at room temperature, separated
1/8 tsp. Cream of Tartar
3 T (1.5oz) cream cheese, at room temperature

Preheat oven to 300F-degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Separate the eggs.  Into the egg whites, add the cream of tartar and beat with a hand held mixer until firm.  In the yolk bowl, cream the yolks with the cream cheese until all lumps are gone.

Add about 1/3 of the egg whites to the yolk mixture and stir to lighten the batter.  Now use a rubber spatula and gently fold in the remaining whites into the yolks.
Scoop out the batter onto the parchment lined baking sheet.  Use an off-set spatula to spread the batter a bit.  It will make six rounds.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.  Use a metal spatula to slide the cloud bread onto serving plates.  I chose my homemade strawberry jam, but hubby wanted an egg/cheese and veggie sausage sandwich.

It's a good way to start your day with protein.  Enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. Made this one before...it was delicious, almost like cookies :-)) but nothing can really beat the real bread, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite interesting, Susan. I've seen where friends have made it, but I've been a skeptic. Maybe I should since you approve. Have a safe trip, my friend. xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I have to forget the recipe this time and ask ~ "Are you presenting on Hochanda?" If so, when, because I'll make good and sure to watch and send in an email hoping they'll read it out! I shop on that channel very frequently ~ too frequently!
    ~~~Safe trip xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I'm on Monday at 8:00 p.m., Tuesday 4 times, and Wednesday morning! I would love to hear from you💕💕💕

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your trip to the UK!! I love bread in the morning and nothing beats warm with jam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was really good and I'd definitely make it again!

      Delete
  5. For those who are limiting gluten or carbs, this sounds great. Anything looks good with strawberry jam on it! Yummo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is another recipe that I've been meaning to try, Susan. Maybe one day....
    May you enjoy your time in the UK, and safe travels, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. three ingredients....I like that idea. thanks for sharing
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I need to try this.... something I can actually have!!!! 😋

    ReplyDelete