Friday, August 28, 2009

Neopolitan Cookies


What's better than coming home from school and finding these cookies with a cold glass of milk waiting? Your kids will love these tri-colour cookies that just beg to be eaten. This recipe comes from my newest addition of cookbooks...The Williams-Sonoma Baking Book that the Apple Spice Coffeecake came from. I made the dough up the night before and place in a 5 X 9-inch loaf pan, lined with wax paper. This morning, all I had to do was remove it from the pan, slice the dough in half lengthwise, then, slice the cookies into 1/4-inches slices. They bake up quickly and are really delicious. There are three distinct flavours, as well as, colours; vanilla layer has a hint of nutmeg, the pink layer has a 1/4 tsp. of strawberry oil, and the chocolate layer has 1-ounce of unsweeten chocolate, melted, and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans. Another cookie, similar to this idea, is from an old Pillsbury cookbook "Chocolate Lovers", called "Cloverleaf Cookies. The three flavours in these are a chocolate, traditional chocolate chip, and peanut butter cookie. Kids loving eating the sections individually...heck, I love eating the sections individually.
This is definitely one I'll make again. Maybe, I'll do a "Spumoni" version. I'll pass it on when I do. Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love these kinds of cookies. You're going to have to dig out that old recipe you always made us when we were growing up (OK, we're still growing up). Remember those 3-part cookies? I think they were chocolate chip, peanut butter, and chocolate? So good! And I did separate the sections when I ate them.

    I also like that I can make up the dough the night before and then just slice them up when Ari is in his highchair.

    I'm going to echo Erin here--why aren't we getting some of these things in the mail? I'll take some cookies, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I posted too quickly! I read the first part of your description and immediately thought of the clover cookie. I really want to try the Spumoni now:)

    ReplyDelete