Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Camp Mimi ~ Where Imagination Grows!

Camp has begun, but I never figured that at the end of the day, I'd be too tired to post about it.  Here, Ari (aka Spider~Man) is showing Maddie how to "spin a web".  Yesterday, we ventured in to Seattle to see the Space Needle Science and Children's Museum, but didn't get to the Science; King Tut's Tomb is in town and the line was too long for two 4 year olds to wait:-(

We've done baking, but mostly it's recipes I've done before that are their favorites.  Tomorrow is definitely a cupcake day and homemade ice cream.  However, today, was a bit more laid back after the big day yesterday so they relaxed in the pool.
Ari was so cute and when Maddie came out in her bathing suit, he said to me, "she's beautiful."  Pretty nice guy.  Maddie looks up to Ari and wants to do anything he's doing; they keep me on my toes, but we're all loving it.


I promise tomorrow I will get better at posting and make time, but here's a glimpse...I haven't been kidnapped, just busy!

14 comments:

  1. Susan I know that feeling well! I'm in the middle of it myself--spent the weekend in New England with our eldest grandson and now he's home with us. Our two youngest grands will be joining us for fun while the oldest is here. We're going to Busch Gardens, Water Country and then to Va Beach for a week with all the parents. I'm exhausted thinking about it. Your grandchildren are ADORABLE! Enjoy! xoxo ♥
    Martha Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I thought I was having an exhausting week!! We did Disney World last year with them and I thought that would do me in. Enjoy your time with your grands, XOXO

      Delete
  2. oh! haha, fun fun! no worries at all susan, we will be here when you return(well rested hopefully!) but the time for grandchildren is here, enjoy them as i know you will. they are so beautiful. (yum homemade cupcakes and icecream!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fun part will be seeing how much icing actually goes on the cupcakes! Those brown eyes look up and say..."just one taste?" XOXO

      Delete
  3. Susan! they just adorable! enjoy your time with them.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best weight-loss camp for me--for sure!

      Delete
  4. Do you have room for a 50 yr old?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such beautiful grandchildren; four year olds are really great fun. The trouble is their batteries re-charge much more quickly than ours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos Susan....that brings back memories....I love them at that age....but Elaine has the right of it though I think its because they run on solar energy they re-charge constantly these days as they hop and skip in the sun :-)

    Pop into my blog when you can as I have a giveaway on the go and its open to everyone!

    Keep well
    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, you're so right! I don't know how women who have children in their mid-to-late 30s do it. My girls were a lot more mellow and focused. Children today have so much stimuli that they want to do it all in an hour!! I'm working on patience with these two! XOXO
      Congratulations on reaching your goal!!

      Delete
  7. What a couple cuties! I love their shirts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!! I love this!! Can I be like you when I grow up??!!

    ReplyDelete