Friday, July 27, 2012

...More

The grands are barely up and they hit their craft table--did you think pipe cleaners could bring so much creativity.  They played with these for almost an hour before breakfast.

Rule #1 at Mimi's--you mess up, you clean up!!  Kids love helping, especially if you make it fun.


Ari disappeared downstairs with PopPop to watch his Iron Man movie, but Maddie wanted to help me make up some Quick Puff Pastry to wrap their veggie dogs in for lunch!

Wednesday was a sad day (especially for Me)--my beloved cat, Bailey passed away.  It's been good to have the kids here to distract me, but he's so very missed--a piece of my heart is gone.
Bailey Irish Dream--11-05-95~07-25-12
Yesterday, we went to the Woodland Park Zoo in Ballard.  The kids had a great time seeing the animals; Ari especially liked the Grizzly Bear and the display of his actual paw print, skull, and a patch of fur.  He could have asked questions all afternoon of the ZooAides about them!  Good thing there was some rocks to climb on to entice him away so other kids could see the display:-D

Lunch time on a bench overlooking the great lawn.  It was a hot day and Maddie enjoys her watermelon while Ari (who had devoured his lunch) took a break on another bench.

The kids fell asleep in the car on the ride home and we laughed that some 60+ year olds outlasted them for a change!!
After dinner, I promised to do some shaved ice to make SnoCones.  They chose blue raspberry and cherry (Spider~Man colors) and enjoyed a cooling off dessert to the end of a perfect day.



This morning we started the day with pancakes and wondering what we'll do today!  It's overcast and we're not likely to see the sun, but that doesn't stop us...this is Seattle, after all!




18 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that Bailey passed away. I know how much this hurts.
    'Unable are the loved to die,
    For love is immortality' ~Emily Dickinson.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, thank you. Emily Dickinson is my favorite poet...Kelly gave me a book of her poems that I find comforting. He was part of our family and a piece of my heart is gone--grieving is the hardest part of life. XOXO

      Delete
  2. Oh, Susan...what fun your family is having. I'm always surprised when I can outlast the kids. It's obvious, you are a Wonderful Grandmother!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was surprising! I think sometimes they're like the EverReady Bunny! My mother always said, "patience & love are the greatest gifts...especially when it came to grandchildren!" XOXO

      Delete
  3. Looks like such a fun time at Mimi's house:) They are a couple of cuties:) I'm sorry sorry about Baily. <3 I know how special pets are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue--I said, "he was the perfect addition to the family; didn't ask for money or the keys to the car and was always so glad to see me when I came home!"

      Delete
  4. Aw Susan. I'm sorry to hear about Bailey. What a beauty. Think this way..Bailey was loved, all his life and that makes him one of the luckiest cats ever created. So many never know human love like he did. Be proud to have shared your life with him and I hope very soon every memory of Bailey will bring a smile to your face. Your grands are so sweet. It's hard not to smile I'm sure with them around. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan, I wish my kids could have had you as their grandma. How much fun! So sorry you lost your cat. She was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about Bailey.... I get very attached to all my pets too, and it is always so painful to lose them.
    Looks like a fun time for Ari and Maddie at Camp Mimi! Glad you have them there to keep you busy!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, I am so SORRY to hear that you lost your Bailey. (((HUG)))
    You are a wonderful grandma!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry that you lost Bailey. I'm sure that Bailey is with Kelly. He is pain free and enjoying being with Kelly in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a little chuckle thinking that Kelly is probably saying, "oh great, now I have to take care of the cat!" It's going to be hard for awhile...it was my companion and just was happy being near me. XOXO

      Delete
  9. I want to come to Camp Mimi!!! looks like you are having a great time with your grandbabies. so sorry about Bailey. our pets become part of the family.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Susan, I was so sorry to hear about Bailey but how wonderful it was that he shared your life and love for so many years.

    Kudos for outlasting the kids on the trip to the zoo! The pictues are great----I especially like the ones of the kids doing chores! It's never too soon to teach kids to be tidy and of course, make it fun! Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Susan...Such sad news about Bailey. Really sad. I am so sorry that he passed this week. Having the kids there must give you so much comfort. I thought I was going to lose Natasha a while back, she's 14. Bailey lived a long and happy life...Thanks to you, my friend. :) Lv, me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, I'm so so sorry to hear about your beloved kitty! It's not easy losing a member of the family. I'll be thinking of you during this sad time.
    You are creating wonderful memories for your adorable grandchildren! I feel so passionate about my own grandchildren and I can see you do as well. Enjoy your time with them--Now go take a nap if you can! xoxo ♥
    Martha Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, I'm so sorry to hear about Bailey. Pets are so much a part of the family and I am sure losing him is very hard. Sending ladybug hugs your way during this difficult time.

    What great activities and memories and photos you have of Ari and Maddie. Camp Mimi looks like a ton of fun and I can see how happy they are to be with you. Enjoy your special time with them!

    xoxoxo,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bailey was awesome! We miss Bailey too! He had the best "attitude" ever!

    ReplyDelete